Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saying goodbye to Bermuda


Packing to head back home today. Back to the grind of work and studying. I did manage to get some reading in for the classes while I laid on the beach and tried to get some color to my white pasty skin.
As I laid on the beach and took the boats around Bermuda, I could not help but overhear the conversations about Kindles and i-books. It first made me chuckle that I came to Bermuda for a vacation and my mind is still on school assignments!!! I think something is wrong with me...... I noticed quite a few people using the kindle on the beach. I wanted to ask them what their thoughts were of the them, but did not have the nerve to talk to them or the want to disturb them. I also heard a conversation between two gentlemen about the newspapers and the internet. Both commented that they read the news on the web, but also purposed the local newspaper to read at home. They both commented that reading the paper on-line was not the same as the feel and texture of the paper newspaper. They also said the the paper version also holds a tradition and cultural that is not the same when reading off the computer. I have to agree with them. There is nothing better than a lazy Sunday morning, coffee in one hand and the paper in the other. I do not think the computer can replicate that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demonstration