Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Commuting awareness

I have a long commute back and forth to work. I take a commuter rail line and I have noticed myself becoming more and more aware of the use of technology by my fellow commuters. I have noticed a variety of technology; laptops, i-pods, mp3 players are almost everywhere and now there seems to be a great amount of kindles and devices to read e-books. I also have noticed the increase of kindles in other situations. I have to attempt that as I sit next to someone with a kindle and I sit there holding my physically bound "real" book, I feel really old fashion and out of date. I am starting to get curious about them and would like to be able to play with one and see how it works and see how I feel it compares to reading from a "real" book. I have always been aware of the technology around me, but I am not one that needs to have the newest and greatest thing that just came out on the market. This may partly be lack of disposable funding I have. This course has helped open my eyes to what is out there and what they can do, their pros and cons, plus how they can be used in my profession and career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demonstration