Saturday, May 22, 2010

Balancing Act Begins

This is my first attempt at creating a blog, so I hope this goes well and I am not to boring for you guys or ramble to much........

I have survived the official second week of graduate school. Not to overwhelmed yet, but still trying to balance a full-time job, family and the new load of school work. For once, I am glad for my long commute to work on the commuter rail. It is a great opportunity to get some of the readings accomplished without taking more time away from my family. The amount of reading is a bit overwhelming for me right now, but I have hopes it will work itself out once I find a routine.

I am real excited about this program and the classes I am taking. It has taken me sometime to finally decide on this degree and I could not be happier with my choice and deciding on the online format. I was particularly concerned with the online format. I have taken a few online classes before for my undergrad, but worried this was going to be my only "regular class" meetings. So far, so good. Enjoying the flexibility of the lectures and the format.

I am not what you say the most techno person, but once I get involved, I am totally consumed. I am embarrassed to say, it took me to only a couple of years ago to get a digital camera. I was totally against the idea and loved photography and felt it was cheating to use a computers. I finally gave in and bought my first digital camera and have not looked back since. I am totally in love with it. In the past, I have mainly used my computer for very basic applications, web, email, word processing and most recently photo editing and storage. This class will be a large learning curve for me and an eye opening experience. I am sure there is going to be many times when I will want to throw the computer across the room, but hopefully I will conquer and embrace this "new to me" technology and become a computer geek!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demonstration